Every year, your family heads out to your favorite Christmas tree farm and picks out the perfect tree for your home. Now, you have the problem of taking it home. Here are a few tips on how to transport your Christmas tree without damaging it or your car.
- Trust the experts. If there are workers at the farm or lot who will help you load up your tree, or even do it for you, let them. They deal with hundreds of trees each year, while you only manage one.
- Wrap the tree. If you have to do it yourself, it is safer to drive home with a wrapped tree. Most places will slip your tree through a binder that wraps it in a net.
- Prevent scratches. Place a tarp or blanket on top of the roof before you add the tree to prevent scratches.
- Trunk goes first. When placing the tree on top of your vehicle, make sure the trunk is pointing toward the front. This is the most aerodynamic way to drive with a tree.
- Tie down the tree. If you have roof rails, that is what you will use. If you don’t, open the doors and loop the rope across the cabin ceiling, or tie it to something sturdy inside.
Once everything is secure, give the tree a good tug. Drive home slowly and avoid highways. Need a new vehicle before your Christmas tree shopping? Visit us at Dependable Mitsubishi.